Why is Art bought Online ?
Art galleries add on their own mark-up, often as much as 50%. [...] This doesn’t make the art less valuable.
It only means that artist takes it upon themselves to do the promoting work that art galleries do, and doesn’t add on an extra amount for it.
1. Online Art is often cheaper than in Galleries
2. To support struggling artists from around the world
There are many extremely talented artists around the world who are struggling to make ends meet.
By buying art from online artists, you will be helping support them and enabling them to create more art.
3. You can learn about the artist before buying
Looking at the artist’s past artworks, their artist statement, bio, and more at an online portfolio, art collectors can learn much about the artist, without being pressured into buying.
4. It is easier to find a specific piece that will look good in your home On the internet, there is a much greater selection of artists than in any art gallery. It is not difficult to search for artworks at all.
5. You are not pressured into buying
6. People can scan prices to see what fits their budget
7. It is easy to buy from most websites